Keep it short, keep it simple, keep it sweet! When making a Homertisement, less can be more. Remember that a message's information can be more important than fancy animations and graphics so be careful not to put too many elements. Below, we've collected a few points that might help you as you think about your Homertisement.
Creating Animated Homertisements/ Main Panel
Homertisements can have videos, flash animation, or PowerPoint Animations.
Size: 10.5" x 7" or 888px x 570x
- Limited to 30 seconds
- Should be landscape oriented
- Should be submitted as either PowerPoint, Flash (.swf), .wmv, .mov, .mpeg
- If using PowerPoint, make sure all animations are automatic and on 1 slide
- File sizes must be less than 10MB
- Animations should last about 15 seconds, with the last 15 seconds promoting your message with text
Creating Static Homertisements/ Main Panel or Side Panel
Non moving Homertisements - much like a flyer.
Size: 8.5" x 11" or 415px x 570px
- Should be landscape oriented for Main Panel or portrait oriented for Side Panel
- Should be submitted as .jpeg, .pdf, .bmp, .gif, .png
- Font sizes of 32 or greater MUST BE USED so that your text is still legible when viewed from a distance
- All static will be displayed for 13 seconds
- File size must be less than 10MB
- Group awareness – let people know who you are, what you do, and how to join
- Group events – Homertise performances, games, or celebrations
- Research lab – inform the community of the cool research you or your lab might be working on
- Artwork – showcase your artwork on the digital displays and have people come to your on campus gallery or website
- New group marketing --promoting a new group that you have started on campus