“Homertisements” (media displayed on Pace Digital Screens) are run according to the regulations below. Please read through this page to get a better understanding of the program. For more specific information, please read through the sub-pages that relate to the type of message you would like to submit.
For more information on how to create a message, visit our Create a Homertisement section.
For all Homertisements:
- Pace-affiliated groups (i.e., departments, student organizations) may request space on the Homer screens.
- Requests will be taken on a first come, first serve basis and scheduled based on availability.
- The message MUST be submitted at least five (5) working days prior to the preferred posting date. If Homertisements are not received by the deadline, this may impact when the Homertisement is visible on the screens. Time is needed to accurately format submissions and address any feedback/corrections necessary.
- Messages may run for the maximum of 2 weeks (14 days) but may not run past the event date.
- Pace-affiliated groups must submit the materials they wish to display.
- Pace reserves the right to deny any request for display, remove or refuse any Homertisement that does not adhere to these guidelines or is deemed inappropriate by Pace University.
- Pace reserves the right to deny any request for display, remove or refuse any Homertisement that does not adhere to the guidelines or is deemed inappropriate for a University.
- There is no charge for this service to Pace-affiliated groups.
Specifications and Formatting for Homertisements:
- All files must be less than 20MB.
- Keep the title and important information (who, what, when, where) in large font (32 pt. or larger)
- Add a picture to grab viewer interest
- Avoid irrelevant text and logos—only include a short description of the event if necessary.
- Contrast between light colored text and a dark colored background is important.
- If needed, provide a vanity URL or shortened URL that drives viewers to a webpage that has more information.
- Main Panel Ads (10.5” x 7” or 700px by 420px) will be limited to 30 seconds and must be landscape-oriented. Capabilities include movies, social media, URLs, static ads/flyers.
- Side Panel Ads (7” x 10” or 440px by 600px) will be limited to 15 seconds and must be portrait-oriented. Capabilities include static ads/flyers.
- Movies should be limited to 30 seconds. Formats accepted include: .ppt, .mp4, .mov, .wmv, .mpg.
- Static Ads and Flyers can be submitted as jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .ppt, .doc, .pdf, etc.
Homertisements should not contain:
- Any material that violates any guidelines written in the Student Handbook or Student Organization Manuals.
- False or misleading statements of exaggerations, visual or verbal.
- Testimonials that do not reflect the real opinion of the individual(s) involved
- Statements or images that are demeaning, discriminatory, and/or incongruent with Pace University’s values.
- Any inappropriate material, including but not limited to promotions of alcohol and tobacco use, pornographic displays, nudity etc.
This website is made available to the university community for the sole purpose of announcing and advertising events and activities to the University community in accordance with University policy. Specifically prohibited are 1) unlawful language and images and 2) announcements or advertisements promoting unlawful conduct.
Content presented on Homertisements should not:
- Infringe the legal rights, including copyrights, rights of privacy and publicity, of others.
- Cause any damage or disadvantage to others.
- Disturb public order.
- Reflect a criminal act.
- Present or distribute any third parties’ private information without obtaining approval from such third parties.
- Disgrace others.
- Defame or libel others.
- Offer digital files for access or download that contain viruses, corrupted files that may damage the operation of others’ computers.
Adapted from the American Association of Advertising Agencies (AAAA)
Pace reserves the right to not post any material that it deems to be inappropriate and will notify the submitter that they may change and resubmit the Homertisement.